The Washington Soccer Crew, after 18 months and not using a mascot after the choice to dispose of the “Redskins” moniker, has landed on “Commanders” as its new staff identify.
And whereas the nation can sigh a collective breath of reduction that the staff is now not going by an outdated and admittedly racist slur, scores of followers are underwhelmed with the collection of Commanders. The navy neighborhood, particularly, has some delicate angst concerning the identify, as it’s nearly a meaningless catch-all time period for any particular person “in cost.”
Here’s a listing, in no specific order, of navy names that will be higher suited to the seemingly perpetually unwinning Washington Soccer Crew.
1. The Washington E-4 Mafia
2. The Washington Lieutenant Commanders
3. The Washington Commanders-in-Chief
4. The Washington Water Therapy Specialists
5. The Washington Command Sergeants Main
6. The Washington High Degree Safety Clearances
7. The Washington Glow Belts
8. The Washington Vet-Bros Who Simply Opened a Espresso Store and Launched an Attire Line
9. The Washington Poisonous Management Local weather
10. The Washington Article 15s
11. The Washington DD-214s
12. The Washington Barracks Bunnies
13. The Washington Responsibility
Alas, it seems we’re caught with the Navy’s mid-level officer designation. Possibly the actual win right here is the jokes that might be made for years to return.
Sarah Sicard is a Senior Editor with Navy Occasions. She beforehand served because the Digital Editor of Navy Occasions and the Army Occasions Editor. Different work could be discovered at Nationwide Protection Journal, Job & Function, and Protection News.