A abstract of the laboratory testing outcomes may be discovered right here. The first on-line useful resource for details about the interagency response may be discovered at: https://www.cpf.navy.mil/JBPHH-Water-Updates/.
The Navy and Hawaii DOH took water samples after properties and non-residential buildings had been flushed. The ingesting water meets U.S. Environmental Safety Company (EPA) and Hawaii DOH requirements which are relevant to the Navy Water System incident. On Feb. 4, IDWST submitted the outcomes to Hawaii DOH for ultimate evaluate. In accordance with the IDWST’s permitted Consuming Water Sampling Plan, Addendum 2, Hawaii DOH’s ultimate evaluate ought to take roughly seven days. As soon as Hawaii DOH determines the Navy’s ingesting water is fit to be eaten, Hawaii DOH will amend the well being advisory for Zone I1. As soon as the general public well being advisory has been amended for all zones, Hawaii DOH will carry the general public well being advisory for your complete Navy Water System.
The next data is offered to assist interpret the information:
- Complete Petroleum Hydrocarbon (TPH) assessments search for many petroleum compounds and are achieved along with customary ingesting water assessments.
- Most Contaminant Ranges (MCLs) are established by the EPA and are the utmost permissible degree of contaminants in water which is delivered to any person of a public water system.
- Environmental Motion Ranges (EALs) are established by the Hawaii DOH and are concentrations of contaminants in ingesting water and different media (e.g., soil, soil fuel, and groundwater) under which the contaminants are assumed to not pose a big menace to human well being or the atmosphere. Exceeding the Tier 1 EAL doesn’t essentially point out that contamination on the website poses environmental hazards however usually warrants extra investigation.
- All values are in micrograms per liter (µg/L) which is the same as elements per billion (PPB).
- The Technique Detection Restrict (MDL) is the bottom focus at which an analyte (chemical topic that’s being analyzed) may be detected in a pattern.
The Hawaii DOH’s Nov. 29, 2021, public well being advisory for JPBHH stays in impact.
For extra data on water restoration efforts, please see: https://www.cpf.navy.mil/JBPHH-Water-Updates/.